Thursday, May 27, 2010

M&M's

Today was the day to see Shrek Forever After! When Ed was here we had taken Layla to see Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs in 3D and she absolutely hated it so I already knew that we would just be seeing it on the regular screen. Before we left Layla told me "make sure we don't have to wear those glasses in the movie!" So if I didn't know before then, I knew now that 3D was out of the question. Fine with me, I actually don't like 3D movies either, they always make me dizzy. I don't like getting motion sickness while I'm trying to relax at the movies. Anyway, none of that is even the point to this post. When we go to the movies we get the standard medium popcorn and medium drink (which ends up being a Sprite) and then I let Layla pick out a candy. Layla knows that Daddy's favorite candy is M&M's so she makes sure to always pick those. Ed had called and talked to her before we left and he asked her if she was going to pick out candy, she told him "Yes, I am going to get M&M's and share them with you!" She is so cute and loves her Daddy so much, when she says those things it really makes Ed's heart melt. So while we were watching our movie and eating our junk food, Layla hands me the half full M&M bag and tells me to put it in my purse because she's done. I told her that there was still a lot left and that she should eat them. She looks at me and says "but Daddy loves M&M's, I want to save the rest for him!" How sweet is she? I can't wait until our family of 3 is back together again!

No comments: