Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Garden Additions

We've been having so much fun with our garden and getting such great results (who doesn't love fresh tomatoes and red peppers?) that we decided to add a couple more plants. Layla and I went to Home Depot today to see what they had and to see what was able to be in full sun since summer is here. Speaking of sun, I think our tomato plant may be slowing down, it's getting too hot here for it. Boo. Anyway, Layla was a big help in picking out our new plants. She was dead set on getting pumpkin and watermelon plants, so we did. I also picked up a cucumber and zucchini plant and we have basil and chives growing in the house (until they get big enough to transplant outside), so our garden has a nice variety. And I am excited to say that our strawberries are finally starting to produce. I don't know what took them so long but there are at least 5 strawberries on each plant now, can't wait to start eating fresh strawberries. Mmmm...

No comments: