Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy (almost) Birthday to ME!

Tonight my family and I celebrated my 25th birthday with dinner at Applebees and my absolute favorite cake of all time from Costco (vanilla cake with vanilla cheesecake filling! Heaven!). I am leaving to San Diego on Sunday and my mom leaves to Hawaii on Monday so the only day for us to all be together and celebrate was tonight. I was lucky to be able to have my mom, dad, brother, niece, nephew and Layla all there to celebrate with me. The only person we were missing was Ed, and he is a very important part of the family (who was also MIA on last years birthday). But he made up for it with a birthday package that arrived just in time, right before dinner. He comes up with the best birthday gifts! I have been wanting a door sign from Germany since the day I moved there, but of course I just never got around to getting one (typical of me) and he knew that so he sent one of those. He also bought me a digital photo frame and uploaded a memory stick full of pictures of Layla and him (my two favorite people, how did he know?). He's such a sweetie. My parents got me a ton of cute things too, I'm so lucky to have a mom who knows me inside and out! And then of course there is my brother's gift, he always goes above and beyond, ever since I was a little kid, to get me the most unique gifts. This year's gift? Front row concert tickets for Rhianna/Ke$sha and 2 nights at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (in July). I think this ranks as one of the best birthdays ever (aside from Ed not being here). And since we're moving in August, who knows when I'll be back to California for another birthday? I had to go out with style on my 25th! :)

1 comment:

The Songy Clan said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!! I'm glad you had a great day! Man, girl, you are in your mid twenties now!!! xoxo