Thursday, May 20, 2010

Go Fish

First of all, I've decided that Layla is getting old enough to help me straighten up the house, starting with her room. She has been making her bed every morning (okay, that's a lie but most mornings). Now, it's not exactly perfect and my guess is if anyone else looked at her bed they would just assume it wasn't made. Wrong! That's just the way this 4 year old makes her bed. Not perfect but adorable. She takes the time to place each pillow, stuffed animal, and blanket on the bed just right. She even folds her blankets all by herself (if you count rolling them into a ball folding). So just remember, if you come over and Layla's bed looks thrashed, it's just her cute little way of making it in the morning. Now, on to Go Fish. Layla and I play lots of board games, I mean lots. For her birthday that's basically all we bought her, they are fun and educational at the same time. I love them. You know, when we first started playing them, we kind of let her cheat so that she could win. Ya, now we try really hard to actually win and she still beats us. Anyway, so since we've always played board games I guess I just never really thought about card games before. We got a Princess card game set from a birthday party and Layla brought them out to me today. My all time favorite card game is Go Fish and that was one of the games so I decided to teach Layla how to play. She caught on so well, almost immediately, well, minus the fact that she can't hold on to the cards too well so she lines them up in front of her. She loves "Going Fishing!" But loves it even more when she has 4 of a kind and can put them to the side. And let's not forget that we have to be playing music in the back ground while playing our games. Today's song choice (which must be put on repeat and listened to 234863875 times)? "Starstruck" by Christopher Wilde

1 comment:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

So cute! We love games too!