Sunday, May 16, 2010

More and More Birthday Parties

Between Layla's friends at school, my friends, and our family, we go to at least one birthday party a week. Layla loves going, they're always so much fun and she has a pretty big collection of party bags now. My parents joke with me every weekend, asking me "Who's birthday party are you going to this weekend?" But seriously, it's so true. This is also the reason I go to Target so often, they have the best selection of birthday presents and I can get all my shopping done in one place. Anyway, on Saturday we went to one of Layla's school friend's birthday parties. This little girl's name is Charlotte and Layla talks about her all the time which is how I knew we absolutely had to make this party. It was amazing, I am so glad we went! They had the biggest water slide/pool that I have ever seen. There were probably about 15 other kids from Layla's school there which made it even more fun for her. It was such a great time. And today we drove up to Yucca Valley for my cousin's daughter's 4th birthday party. My brother and his kids went with Layla and I so of course that automatically meant that Layla was going to have a good time, she loves those kids. The party was fun and it was nice to catch up with some of my family members as well. On the way home, however, we had a very weird encounter. My brother and I were talking and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a ray of light. I didn't think much of it, just figured it was a reflection when all of a sudden it crossed my windshield and hit the antenna on my car so hard that it nearly broke my antenna in half. My brother looked at me and right away asked "Did you see that?!" He had seen and described everything the exact same way as I did. I have no idea what it was but it was creepy and I definitely think it was something.

No comments: