Monday, May 17, 2010

Book fair, Yogurt Island, and the Airport

I remember when I was a kid and Scholastic book fairs came to my school. I loved them so much, it was so neat to be able to pick out whatever books I wanted and look through all the other trinkets and goodies they had. Now, it's so neat to be able to share the excitement of books with Layla and let her pick out what she wants at these book fairs. Since this was the end of the school year book fair, all the books were buy one, get one free (which I didn't even realize until I went to pay for the books so it was a great surprise for me). Layla got 8 books for only $25! As soon as we got home, we cuddled on the couch and read them all. We love story time! This morning as soon as Layla woke up she asked me "After dinner is it ok if we go to Yogurt Island?" I have no clue where these thoughts come from but I told her that of course we could go. So after dinner that's where we headed and Layla was such a happy little girl on the way home, with her yogurt covered mouth. And I'm sure you're wondering, what kind of yogurt Layla likes? Today she went for a nice mix of marshmallows, chocolate chips, animal cookies, fruity pebbles, and to be healthy, apples and strawberries on top of vanilla/chocolate swirl yogurt. What a combination! Me on the other hand, I prefer good ole' chocolate yogurt covered with peanuts, blackberries and raspberries. Mmmmm... And a couple of hours later we finally were able to see Grandma again! She has been gone to Hawaii for the last week and we have missed her lots. Layla was so excited to see her and was so happy with all the goodies she brought back for her! So happy to have Grandma home!

No comments: