Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hawaiian Pancakes

Layla and I are really big on pancakes (well, add Ed to that list too even though he isn't here at the moment) so we try different combinations and shapes all the time, trying to change it up a bit. When my mom came home from Hawaii and brought along goodies for us, she had brought pineapple/coconut pancake mix and coconut syrup since she knows how much we love our pancakes. I'm not going to lie, when I poured out the mix into the bowl and saw chunks of pineapple and flakes of coconut, I wasn't sure I was going to love this (or even like it for that matter). I was determined to at least try it and have an open mind about it. Let me just say I thought I was in Heaven there for a minute. Oh my gosh, they were so good. I will most definitely be making these again within the next few days. The coconut syrup on top of the pancakes made it even better, they were so sweet and had so much flavor. I highly suggest trying Hawaiian pancakes if you never have before. Delicious!

No comments: