Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Turtles and the letter T

This week starts the letter T. I had a whole day of turtles planned but then I got busy on the phone yelling at the mechanics who fixed my car. So, that only left room for one turtle craft today before we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa. We made rock turtles! We went outside this morning and gathered all different shapes and sizes of rocks. Layla has always been fascinated with rocks, don't ask me why, so she had an especially great time picking them out. We also found rollie pollies (probably Layla's favorite bug) and Layla ran them off to her bug catcher where they are now playing on swings and slides.

When we came inside I glued rock feet and a rock head onto the rock shell so it could actually become a turtle. Then it was painting time! We got some really neat glitter glue which made the turtles look extra special. Layla has ben carrying them around all day saying they're her new pets.

I just love this little girl so much!