Monday, February 22, 2010

My big girl!

From the time Layla was a newborn until 2 years old, she would go to bed all by herself. I would lay her down in her crib, tuck her in, and she would fall asleep. When she turned 2 years old, a switch went off in her head and she started being afraid of the dark. Every night I would tuck her in bed and lay there with her, sing songs and rub her back, until she fell asleep. Fast forward to a couple of nights ago, we were in bed and she asked me if she could go to sleep all by herself. What?! That was the only baby/toddler thing I had left, that I had to lay with her until she fell asleep and now that's gone! So, I officially have a big girl now, I don't even know that anything about her is a toddler anymore and it's kind of a bittersweet feeling.

I haven't wrote down any Layla funnies for awhile, I am always so busy doing something that I just forget to. Layla has such a personality, seriously, she has more personality than adults I meet and she is only 3! She says the funniest things and has so much attitude when she says them. I always tell people that she is 3, going on 13 because seriously, that is how she acts. When we were at the fair the other day, we were on a train ride and there were a couple of other boys in there with us. The one boy was probably about 5 or 6 years old and kept saying "This train is so slow, it's not fast enough." He said this like 5 times before Layla got irritated. She looked right at him and said "That's because this is a FAKE train, it isn't real!" then she looks up at me and says "Right, Mom?" This is the kind of thing she does often, I think this is called only child syndrome. She also, through out the day, will randomly tell me "Mom, I don't want you to have a baby in your tummy. I do NOT want a brother or a sister!" Once again, I think this is only child syndrome. Good thing we don't want anymore kids, poor thing would have a broken heart.

So, all in all, my baby girl is no longer a baby. I cannot believe she will be 4 years old in 1 week, it amazes me how fast these 4 years went by. She is in preschool at the Learning Tree and is doing so amazing, she makes us so proud. Her teachers always tell me what a good girl she is, she listens the best in her class and is so smart. That makes me so happy. She is growing up into a little lady right before our eyes. Ed is going to be amazed at how much a year has changed her.

1 comment:

Nicholle said...

That's awesome Michelle. Rylee is scared of the dark.. I think they hit a certain age, and I think TV gets them scared too. What a big girl she is.. oh and you are sooo lucky you have such a great eater. I wish!! Although Haidyn had some smoked osyters and loved them. Crazy girl.