Saturday, February 20, 2010

KOBE'S

My all time favorite restaurant is Kobe's, has been for as long as I can remember. When there is a special occasion to celebrate, Kobe's is where I'll be. My family from Canada came down for a visit and to take care of some of my Granny's things and before they left, we wanted to all get together for a family dinner. So that is what we did, Kobe's style. Layla always makes me laugh at what she eats. I know I have said this before but I am not kidding, she is the best eater I have ever seen. My brother Glen and I got California Rolls and Crunchy Shrimp Rolls for our appetizer and Layla had to try one of each. She loved them! She had her little bowl of soy sauce that she dipped them in and used her kid proof chopsticks to pick it up and eat it. After that she ate all the mushrooms in her soup, a whole bowl of rice, all of her shrimp, and half of her steak. All of this with her chopsticks too, she didn't use a fork once.

My mom is not a big drinker, she'll occasionally have a glass of wine or a Cosmo at dinner. Glen noticed she had a Cosmo in her hand and immediately ordered a Kamikaze shot for the two of them. When it arrived at the table, she didn't know what to do with it, Glen made her take it with him.

It was so nice to visit with all of our family that we don't get to see too often and have a nice meal on top of that.

1 comment:

Nicholle said...

That last picture of the cousins is so cute. I LOVE Kobes too! But who wouldn't?? lol