Friday, February 12, 2010

Fair fun

It's that time of year, the Date Festival is in town! That means lots of fun and lots of yummy food. It opened today so my mom, Layla, and I decided to check it out. We had a ton of fun. Layla (nor I for that matter) isn't a big fan of the carnival rides but she is a huge fan of the games. So that's mostly what we did, wasted tons of money on games that you can't win. But she did come out with 2 goldfish and a few stuffed animals so it was worth it. I don't like Layla eating a ton of junk food but when you're at the fair it's kind of a whatever she wants, she gets zone and that is exactly what happened. She ate ice cream, pizza, snow cone, candy apple, and cotton candy (if you consider two bites of each really eating it). We walked around the exhibits and the gemstone one had to be our favorite. Like I mentioned in another post recently, Layla loves rocks so she had a ton of fun going around and picking out the rocks she wanted to get. She also loved the petting zoo (she needed practice for her birthday party!) and the highlight of my mom's trip was seeing all the llamas. It was a great day, a very hot day too, we were dying in pants, and it won't be our last time going. Layla and I already have plans to go back with Ed's parents later this week. Stay tuned! :)

No comments: