Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

And what a great Easter it was! Layla and I are so happy that Daddy was able to be here with us for this holiday, we had so much fun together. Layla woke us up at about 7am by yelling "MOM, IT'S EASTER! THE EASTER BUNNY CAME!" I woke up and had to make an excuse to leave the room super quick while Ed distracted Layla so I could hide the eggs. The one day my internal clock doesn't wake me up at 7am! I practically threw the eggs around the living room and went back into the room to get Layla. She couldn't wait to find some Easter eggs! I, er, the Easter bunny, had hid all 14 of the colorful eggs that Layla had painted and she found them all like a pro. She laughed every time she found one but the last one she found was inside of Daddy's shoe and she thought it was gross and kept saying "ewwww!" Once all the eggs were found she spotted her basket instantly (under the table) and had so much fun digging everything out of it.
After that it was time to go to Ed's parent's house for breakfast and an Easter egg hunt! When we got there Ed's mom had made eggs, spam, ham, toast, and hash browns. After breakfast we went outside and played some frisbee while we waited for Layla's little cousin to arrive.
Jr finally showed up which meant Easter egg hunt time! Ed and his brother Bobby hid the eggs all over the front yard, Layla couldn't wait to run outside and collect them all. She sure did too! $50 and a huge bag of candy later, Layla was happy!
We visited for awhile after that and then it was time to head to my parent's house for Easter dinner! Honey baked ham, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, you name it, we ate it. Right before dinner, however, we had quite the surprise. A 7.2 earthquake! Growing up, earthquakes never bothered me but now that I have Layla, I freak out. I don't want anything to happen to her. My brother and Ed were on the couch and I saw them both look at each other and then my brother says "Is that an earthquake?" Our chandeliers were swinging like crazy so I grabbed Layla and bolted outside. Better safe than sorry when it comes to her safety. So, this was Layla's first big earthquake. The news said this was the biggest one since Landers, 18 years ago, which I was also around for. Thank God it wasn't too bad and everyone is safe!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_baja_earthquake

1 comment:

Nicholle said...

That Earthquake was scary! CJ and I still have no idea if there was a big one how we would round up all the kids. Glad you guys had a great Easter :)