Saturday, April 10, 2010

Festival of Life

This weekend the Coachella Valley hosted the Festival of Life. The website describes this event as "a unique approach to citywide evangelism. The purpose and vision is to present the message of Jesus Christ to an entire city by utilizing dozens of venues and involving hundreds of individual believers." I am not very religious, at all, but I want Layla to grow up with an understanding and have a religious background so I enjoy taking her to events like this. I made my brother and his kids go with me so Layla wouldn't be too shy. The kids had a blast! The festival was set up so nice and the stage was huge! We got there at about 11am and it was perfect timing, they had a childrens concert and outreach going on. Layla couldn't sit still, she kept singing and dancing and just loved it. We only stayed for about an hour and a half but had a great time and I was so happy we decided to go.

2 comments:

Nicholle said...

looks like fun! Did you just do GBR? lol I got Ry that same shirt love it, wanted to get those shorts but they were already sold out in her size. Layla is becoming quite the little poser! She is so cute! Guess what? Ry is going to a Gymbo, crazy 8 and J&J casting tomorrow. You can guess how excited I am! lol Miss you girls :)

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

That's really awesome, Michelle!