Thursday, April 22, 2010

Desert Rain

I've grown up in the desert my entire life and the one thing I have always wanted more of was rain. Desert rain is just amazing, rains very little, stays hot outside, doesn't get humid, and is just gorgeous. I remember growing up I would tell everyone that I wanted to live somewhere where it rained all the time, like Washington. I thought the rain was the same everywhere... Then I moved to Germany and realized that not all rain is as amazing as desert rain. It rained and rained and rained in Germany, we never saw the sun. I'm from California, I NEED the sun. I grew to hate the rain and counted down the days until I was back in the sun where I belong. Every now and again it'll rain here, not very much, just a few sprinkles, but I am falling in love with it all over again. This time I know it is not just any rain and I will never wish to move somewhere where it rains constantly.

2 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Beautiful!

Nicholle said...

I love desert rain too.. And it always fallows with a beautiful rainbow :)