Saturday, August 2, 2008

Volksfest was so much fun!

So once a year (in August) they have this festival called the Volksfest. I wasn't even too excited about it since we are used to so many German festivals since living in Mainz but we went last night and I was SO impressed. It is huge and had so much to do. It really reminded me of the Date Festival and made me a little sad because I missed it. It was very Americanized. We had a great time though and we're going to try to go back again this weekend. Layla really surprised me too! She didn't even want to go, when we were on the bus going there she told me she wanted to go home. Once we got there we bought her mini doughnuts and I told her whatever she wanted to just tell us and we'd get it for her (I know, we're raising her real good, right? LOL) so once we did that she was happy. Our first stop was this Flinstone car ride and of course I had to ride it with her, but she loved it. After it was over she held up 1 finger and said "one more time!" LOL! After that we walked around more and got her face painted. I was so surprised she let the lady paint her face, I thought for sure she would flip out. She wanted the butterfly on her face so that is what she got. Then she wanted to "jump" so she went up and down the bouncy slide a million times. I was actually surprised about that too, she always has to have us go with her but she had a blast. We played some games (she loved the one where you fish for ducks! She kept quacking when we would catch one.) and rode a couple more rides. Our friends ended up showing up too so Ed and Matt ended up drinking the rest of the night away while Shell and I watched the sleeping children. Anyway, I am so glad we tried it out and ended up going. I don't think we could have had a better time. It was awesome!

No comments: