Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy birthday, Ed!

Today is Ed's birthday and we were able to go eat dinner with him in the dining facility at WLC. We were outside waiting for him to come for about 45 minutes and I am so not into all the Army stuff (marching, cadences, PT, etc.) so I was getting a bit irritated. So was Layla, she would not let me put her down. Finally his company (Bravo) came up and I had to give his SGL his number (#278) and finally he came and met us. I was so over being there but we were able to be with him for about a 1/2 an hour, and that was nice. Layla was very excited to see him too and was talking up a storm telling him all about what we've been doing for the last week. It broke my heart when we had to go because she kept saying "I want to see Daddy more!" over and over. Then when I put her to bed she had a really rough time going to sleep, I think seeing Ed made it harder on her, poor baby. But anyway, we had a good dinner with him and he was happy to be able to see us on his birthday. 3 more weeks and he'll be home, I'm sure it'll go by fast!

No comments: