Monday, September 6, 2010

We made it!

It only took roughly 22 hours but we made it safe and sound and are in our new home. We left California at about 4:00pm yesterday so that Layla would be able to sleep most of the way here but with 2 cats in the car with us and the excitement of our new house, she barely even slept. She was such a good girl, never complained once. Ed drove his Dad's truck while I followed behind in the Tribute. Like I said, Layla had a BLAST with the cats running around in the car. Although Boots spent most of his time here, on my lap which made it a bit hard to drive but he did keep me some company. During one of our gas station stops, Boots decided he had to use the litter box. One word: WOW! He stunk up the car so badly. I made Ed come and smell it and he about gagged it was so bad (while Layla was in the back seat screaming EWWWW and holding her nose). Anyone want to guess what I did in this situation? I made Ed grab the poop out of the litter box with his hand and go buy me an air freshener (and some anti bacterial hand sanitizer for him! LOL). He's such a great husband, he did it without complaining and we both laughed and laughed about it once the horror was all completed.

After many potty breaks, gas stops, and fast food drive throughs, we finally crossed into Colorado around 8:00am. Yay! I had taken two 5 Hour Energy drinks and had about 5 coffees so I was starting to crash, and hard. I am so not a night person so staying up the entire night felt like an eternity to me. Plus, by this point I swear I had a hangover and was dehydrated thanks to all the caffeine I consumed. Oh well, it did it's job and I was only about 1.5 hours away from being home. We decided to stop by McDonald's to eat breakfast and recharge super quick which ended up being a terrible idea. The car wouldn't start back up! I guess 13 hours on the road did the Tribute in. And there's more. It is labor day which means everything is closed AND there was a labor day parade going on RIGHT in front of where we parked so we couldn't get out and the tow truck couldn't get in. It was horrible!

We ended up getting home around 2:00pm today and immediately laid on the floor and took a nap (without even looking around at our new house). That's how exhausted we were. So while the very end of the trip didn't go very smoothly we're just so happy to be home, in our new place, being a family again.

1 comment:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

GROSS! LOL what a story!! Glad y'all finally made it!