Saturday, September 25, 2010

The big race!

Layla and Ed have been having a great time out in the garage together, racing. He sets up a track and will race his RC car around it while Layla rides her bike. Layla usually wins and when she does she has an interview with a reporter (turns out the reporter is Ed with a paint brush microphone) and talks about how proud she is and that she is doing it all for her fans. It's really funny to watch, she takes it so seriously and since she is so competitive, if she doesn't win, she is not a happy camper.

So today we had an even bigger race than normal. Layla and I in the Corvette VS Ed on the Pocket Rocket (which I bought on sale at Target for only like $40, originally $250. Yay me!). Layla and I were very confident that we could beat Ed. We're a great team and while I was driving Layla was cheering us on. Unfortunately, the Pocket Rocket is made to go very fast while the Corvette, not so much. As soon as the race began, we were already way behind. This is what we were looking at the whole race. But Layla was still happy and laughing the entire time! There he goes, lapping us again. Couldn't he have pretended to let us win? Whew, what a race, that wore us out. Thank goodness the ice cream truck came by, we needed some refreshments. And even though Layla and I lost the big race, we still had a great time out in the beautiful Colorado fresh air. Ahhhh!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I meant to get in touch with you sooner. I am having the Sugarland early show on Thursday at my house up in Briargate (North Springs) if you want to come.

Mommy2Layla said...

Yes, I would love to come! Email me the details, pretty please! :) MissLoredo04@yahoo.com