Thursday, September 23, 2010

Meet Boots and Butterscotch

I know I've talked about our new kitties a few times on here but I haven't posted very good pictures of them and since they're a part of the family now, I thought I would talk about them for a minute.

Meet Boots. He is a gigantic 5 month old little boy and I am serious when I say gigantic. Butterscotch is only a month or so younger than him and is half his size! I have always wanted a huge, fat cat and now that I have Boots, I have a huge cat but now I must start the process of fattening him up. LOL... He is super playful and lovie though, he always wants to be around me no matter what I'm doing, he even sleeps in bed with us. For being a cat, he's kind of a weirdo though, he LOVES water. As soon as he sees one of us heading for the sink, he runs to make sure he's there to play in the water as soon as we turn the faucet on. Plus, if we leave the toilet seats up, you can almost always find him drinking the toilet water. Gross! Isn't that supposed to be a dog thing? And this is the sweet little Ms. Butterscotch. Ed and I think something must have traumatized her when she was first born. She is so scared of everything. When we first brought her home with us, you couldn't even walk by her without her running away. Slowly she is getting more comfortable around us though, she has even been climbing up on the couch with us and laying next to us which is a huge step for her. Layla always finds a way to grab her and cuddle her though, don't ask me how, she must chase her into a corner. LOL I always knew that cats slept during the day and played at night but these two take it to a whole other level. We only see them a few times a day when they're not sleeping under the bed but let me just tell you, as soon as the sun goes down, those two come out and don't stop playing until we wake up in the morning. I hear them all through out the night (yes, I'm a light sleeper and these don't aren't helping matters) fighting and knocking over DVD's, picture frames, etc. Silly cats! But they are amazing with Layla, even though she tortures them (not on purpose but you know how kids are). We're very happy we adopted these two, we love them so much!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

cute little kitties :) i love reading your blog, such a sweet family and you seem SO happy to have dh home. post pics of the house when you get all settled :)

Nicholle said...

TOO CUTE!
We have 2 kitties too! I love them!