Wednesday, September 15, 2010

American Girl

Can you take a guess at what I am going to say in this post (SHELBY, this is especially for YOU)? We drove down to Littleton today to buy Ed a kegerator (don't ask) so of course I had to hit up a mall while we were there. The first thing I saw as we pulled up to the mall was a huge American Girl store. I got so excited because I have never actually been inside of one before and I love dolls just as much as Layla does. We dragged poor Ed through the entire store and he saw how much fun we were having so he told Layla she could pick out one doll and one accessory to go with her. Yay, Layla's first American Girl doll! I think this is the beginning of a very expensive hobby. We looked through the store about 20 times, going over every doll while Layla was trying to decide which one she wanted to buy. She finally told the sales lady that she wanted a doll with long black hair and pointed to "the one"! It ended up being one of the dolls that is supposed to look like you, Layla immediately loved her and named her Lilly. After we had the doll all picked out Layla found Julie's birthday goodies and decided she wanted that for her and Lilly to play with. I think I know what Santa is going to bring Layla for Christmas this year, looks like we're having an American Girl Christmas. Yay for dolls!

3 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

awe this is neat! I hope I have a girl to do this with! I have an American Girl from when I was a kid, and she's still like new! LOL

The Songy Clan said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You KNOW me so well! I love this stuff! You have to keep me informed about what you get her...Yay for Layla!!! woohoo!! And yay for you, cause they are so much fun!!!

Nicholle said...

sOh our girls would really get along. Rylee is obsessed! So glad you got her into it. They are so fun. At target they have this doll called our generation. They are about the same size as AG. They have tons of accessories ie: sleeping over kit, salon chair, bed, horse, dresser.. for at least half the cost.