Monday, March 22, 2010

Mini Vacation Day 2

First of all, Layla, Ed, and I shared a bed in the hotel and let me just say that I didn't get ANY sleep. Not only am I sick (thank you, lovely husband, for bringing me airplane germs) but Ed likes to steal all the pillows AND blankets which left me sleeping next to a kicking child. I was beat! After we all got ready we headed out to Denny's for breakfast. I love Denny's breakfast, I could eat there every morning. Then it was off to Ed's dad's flying competition. I had never been to one before but it was actually very fun! Ed helped time his dad and Layla had a blast playing in the open field. Even though we were there most of the day, it went by so fast!
After that, it was lunch time! Ed's parents were dying for some seafood so that is what we ate. We got two huge trays full of shrimp, fish, lobster, chicken, etc. You name it, it was there. Not only that but Ed was stoked to find a giant Corona bottle filled to the top. He was feeling great after that was gone! :) When we were getting ready to leave, Ed found the Crusty Crab (you know, from Sponge Bob) and thought it was the best thing ever. He wanted to know where the Crabby Patties were though.
One last trip to the beach before we left. We spent more time there than the previous night so Layla really got her share of the beach. We had a really great time the entire weekend. I love having Ed home, I can't even explain how awesome it is. We literally laughed the entire trip, so many good memories!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the fourth picture from te top down is the cutest of Ed and Layla! They are all super cute and put a big smile on my face!