Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Daddy's home!!!

I went and picked Ed up at the Palm Springs airport at about 11pm on Sunday. Layla was already asleep when I went to get him but we really wanted to surprise her so it worked out perfect! Ed looks so good and it is so nice to have him home. I had the biggest butterflies in my stomach when I was driving to the airport but as soon as I saw his face, all I could do was smile and run to jump in his arms. My love is home! As for how Layla found out, yesterday morning Ed woke up early and was visiting with my mom. Layla woke up and I ran to the door to tell him she was awake so he could figure out what he wanted to do. He bolted out the door to go get McDonald's for all of us while Layla got up and out of bed. She was out in the living room watching TV and the door bell rings. I told her "Layla, someone is at the door, should we go get it?" So we get to the door and open it and I yelled "IT'S DADDY!!!!" She got tears in her eyes and ran up to him and gave him a big hug and wouldn't let go. She laid her head on his shoulder and wrapped her little arms around him. It was seriously one of the sweetest things ever! Ever since then the three of us have been glued to the hip. It is so amazing to have him home, we're loving every minute of this! Yesterday we ended up getting pedicures, going shopping, getting ice cream from the ice cream man, hanging out with our parents, eating McDonalds, Quiznos, and Pizza Hut, and just being together.
That all ended at around 8pm when Ed started getting a back ache and chills... just great, he has the flu! He was burning up all night and when I took his temperature this morning, he was at 103. He is now taking a nap (which is why I have a free minute to update) and Layla and I ran out to get him some meds. I sure hope these work, we have a busy day today (and the rest of the week for that matter)! :)
Also, I want to say thank you to the people in my life that actually took the time to text/call me when I was on my way to the airport to get Ed. You all are so sweet to think about us and be just as excited for Ed to be here with us and I was/am. It means the world to me, love you guys!

5 comments:

Lana said...

This is truly the best thing I've seen all week! Seeing pictures of Ed and Layla and you reunited is just amazing! I'm so happy for you all Michelle! What an amazing feeling to have this deployment behind you all. And even though Ed is so sick (which I feel awful for him) it's so good that he's home and sick with you guys then alone and sick. Enjoy this time!!! <3

Nicholle said...

I am so so happy for you and what a great idea to surprise Layla. You brought tears to my eyes, but they were tears of joy. I can't even imagine the feeling but I know that you are all so happy. I love all the pictures. Feel better Ed! Have fun together :) Love u!!

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Ahhh this is so amazing! I'm so glad he's home! I've been thinking of all of you!! So sorry Ed's sick, I hope he gets better really fast! The story with Layla is too sweet. I bet she's loving having daddy home!!

The Songy Clan said...

Oh Michelle, that was just so wonderful to read. This is the best news ever! Ed looks just as happy as Layla in the pictures. I'm glad this is over and I cannot wait until you guys are finally back together settled in CO. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Amanda Flores said...

Im soo happy for you girls too have Ed back!!! Poor Ed though..Feel better!! And Im sure though it feels great to be able to take care of him!