Thursday, December 25, 2008

Yay! Christmas is here!

Today was the best! As Layla gets older, Christmas just gets more and more fun. I ended up sleeping with Layla half way through the night last night because she wasn't feeling too great. So this morning she wakes me up and says "Mom, wake up, it's morning now!" So I sit up (I was already half way awake anyway because I was so darn excited!) and I tell her "Layla, I think Santa came last night!" She gets all excited and runs out into the living room. She gets to the Christmas tree and makes a huge gasp and says "Wow, Santa came! All these presents are for me!" Then she sat down right in front of the tree and just starred at them, not moving. LOL, it was so cute! I finally told her that we should go wake up Daddy and let him know that Santa came so we could open all the presents. She ran into Ed and woke him up asap! When we walked back into the living room I showed her that Santa ate most of the cookies we left for him and that he made a mess (there were crumbs and milk all over the table). She thought it was so funny and the rest of the day kept saying "Santa made a big mess, we need to clean it now." Then we ran over to the tree and started opening presents. Layla opened presents for about an hour. She kept ripping tiny little pieces off and had to have every single piece of paper off the present before she moved on to the next one. She loved it! She got so much stuff, I don't know where I am going to put everything. After the presents were all open she wanted to open the actual toys. She would pick one out that she wanted to play with, we would open it, she would play with it for about 5 minutes, and then she would run to get another one to play with. This went on until every toy was open and on the floor (= huge mess)! It was so cute though, she really loved everything. She kept saying "Oh, thank you, Santa!" and "I love my Santa Clause" the entire day. We played with presents all day until about 4:30pm when we headed over to Matt and Shell's house for dinner. Dinner was awesome, Shell is such a good cook! We ate and then played some Trivial pursuit which Matt dominated at and then went home. Layla was beat from playing all day and went right to sleep. We had such a good Christmas this year, it was awesome. Layla loves everything and will have toys to play with for the next 20 years!

1 comment:

AprilF said...

Wow! She did get a great haul! She is to adorable- love the pic with you two.