Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nuremberg Christmas market!

One of my best friends, Shelby, and her son Steve-O decided to make the 4 hour drive to come stay with Layla and I for a final visit before we move back to the states. So today we decided to hit up the most famous Christmas market in Germany, the Nuremberg Christkindlesmarkt. It was gorgeous and we had so much fun. The best part was it was snowing the whole time we were there so it made it feel so Christmasy. We went early enough in the day that it wasn't very busy either. When we first got there we headed over to the kids part of the market where there were rides and things for the kids to do. Steve-O and Layla dipped a candle and colored it really pretty colors. Then we even got to see the German Santa and took a picture with him! After that the kids rode some rides and then we headed on over to the main market. It was so pretty, the ornaments everywhere were beautiful and the food smelled so good! We ended up eating lots of candy, two different pretzels, potato pancakes, kinder punch, and nuremberger sausages. The food was to die for, I was stuffed but couldn't stop eating. I let Layla pick out one ornament and what a surprise, she picked out a pink glass ornament with rhinestones in the shape of a lipstick (she is definitely my kid). They had every kind of ornament you could imagine, Shelby picked out this adorable mushroom and also an orange that looks dipped in chocolate. I wanted to buy everything! We were also looking for something matching that we could both get and we settled on this gorgeous hand painted candle holder. Whenever I look at it I'll remember how much fun we had at the market! After we walked around for awhile longer we decided to head back to the car because the snow started coming down even harder and it was getting cold! On the way to the car I bought a fresh cut bundle of mistletoe to hang in the house. We really had an awesome time and I am so happy that Shelby was able to experience it with me!

1 comment:

Nicholle said...

Oh Wow! Those pretzels look SOO good right now. YUM! Looks like fun :)