Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our snowman.

We had a great time building our enormous snowman today! Well, I shouldn't say we since I was just the photographer. Shelby, Steve-O and Layla had a great time building our snowman. Shelby started rolling the first ball for the bottom and Steve-O started rolling the ball for the middle part of the snowman. They both made huge balls by the time they stopped which is why our snowman turned out so big. Layla helped Shelby clean off the snowman and put new snow on it so it would be nice and white. Then while Shelby was finishing the last ball and hair, Steve-O, Layla and I went to look for acorns and chestnuts for his eyes and buttons. The kids loved putting the chestnuts where they belonged and then Viola! He was all done and looking mighty cute! We were out there for over an hour making sure he was built just perfect only to find a few hours later he was looking a lot like the leaning tower of Pisa. Poor guy must have been smoking his pipe a bit too much! Before the day was over he had fell over and been stolen by some of the neighborhood kids to build a snow fort instead. RIP Mr. Snowman!

2 comments:

Nicholle said...

I bet you guys are freezing after living out in CA. I know I would be. Looks like a lot of fun though. I got a Canon Rebel Xsi... I love it. I had a good camera and the shutter button kept breaking and I didn't want to put anymore money into it. Sucks because it was about 500 but I like this camera much better. I can't wait to take more pictures :)

AprilF said...

What fun! I wish we had that much snow here.