Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

What a great Halloween we had! Since Ed wasn't here to enjoy Halloween last year and knowing he'll be gone next year as well, we made sure to make this year extra fun. Ed got a smoke machine, strobe lights, and scary music to put by the front door so he could scare kids. He had a lot of fun handing out candy while Layla and I trick or treated in our neighborhood. We have such amazing neighbors, we are so happy with where we live. This morning Layla woke up to her Halloween presents. Yes, I get her presents for just about every holiday but she's such a good girl and deserves so much! She was very happy with her stuff, especially her witch Barbie (not only is she obsessed with Barbies but she has a new found love for witches as well, thank you Wizard of Oz). We had a great day, relaxing and hanging out around the house waiting for the evening when we could start trick or treating. As soon as Layla woke up, she wanted to put her Halloween costume on so she was a kitty cat all day long today. We had to go to the store for a few things and everyone thought she was the cutest cat they'd ever seen (of course)! Layla was so excited to wear makeup too. I promised her that on Halloween I would do her makeup like a big girl (eyeliner, mascara, sparkles, the works) so she felt extra special. When she went to bed tonight she said she was never going to take it off, I'm sure it'll be on for the next few days. Oh, and of course SHE decided she had to have her hair curled so we did that too! And I made her take pictures with Mommy and Daddy, of course. Although I didn't get a very good one of her and Daddy, thanks a lot Ed! P.S. Don't mind my roots, those are getting done THIS week. Yuck! I had a whole Halloween dinner planned for yesterday but we ended up being so busy that I didn't have time to make it. And with trick or treating tonight, I didn't want to go all out either so I just made a simple Mummy (pigs in a blanket), caramel apple dip (which Ed named ghost skin because of all the marshmallow creme in it), and our special witches brew. We then downed our meal with a bunch of chocolate candy afterwards. Yum! After that (around 6pm) it was time for trick or treating. Layla is such a big girl now, it just amazes me how grown up she's become. This is the first year we've gone trick or treating where I didn't have to walk up to the houses with her. I would stand on the street and she would run up to the door, ring the door bell, say trick or treat in her cute, soft little voice, collect candy, say thank you, and run off to the next house while I trailed behind. Where did the time go? I can't believe she is doing that without ME!Just look at all the candy she got! Someone even gave her this huge bag of Starburst jellybeans. She scored! We let her have like 10 pieces of candy (after all, that's what Halloween is all about, right?) and I was worried she wouldn't be able to go to sleep with all that sugar in her but she knocked out. I hope everyone had a great Halloween night!

1 comment:

The Songy Clan said...

I love her outfit, makeup and hair! She is such a beauty, Michelle!! You guys have such a great family, you all make me smile :)