Saturday, October 23, 2010

RC Cars... and Pumpkins

I've been sick all week, ick! One of Ed's soldiers got him sick a couple weeks ago and I could feel my cold coming on, I just didn't know when it would hit. Well, it did, this week! I've been a wreck and haven't been able to get much sleep so all week Layla and I have been cooped up in the house (well, not yesterday, Ed had Organizational Day and we went with him to that). So this morning Ed went to get some RC practice in and asked us to come along with him. We usually don't go with him, for obvious reasons, but we jumped at the chance to get out of the house for a bit and we ended up having a really good time. Ed wanted me to take some pictures of his car for him so I brought my camera, of course, and Layla found one of her cameras (one of my mom's old, broken ones) and we had fun taking pictures. She would take some of me, I would take some of her, and we would both take some of Daddy and his car. Daddy also let Layla drive his car for awhile. She did pretty good too! After RC playing we went home, Ed BBQ'd us some lunch, and then it was time to rake/play in leaves! I love Fall in Colorado (and Germany too!), the trees are such gorgeous shades of yellow and red and the weather is perfect. And then it was PUMPKIN carving time! I think our whole theme to Halloween this year is cats. Layla is going to be a cat, she wants to dress our cats up, and she wanted to carve our pumpkins like cats. I think we can thank Boots and Butterscotch for the sudden cat love. And Layla actually put her hand in the pumpkins this year! It's a miracle! Last year she thought it was so gross and didn't even want to look at the pumpkin guts so she made a huge step this year. Like father, like daughter... for real! Taa - Daa! Our beautiful pumpkins!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hope you start to feel better soon. Layla's outfit with the purse is super cute! Your pumpkins looks good. This year the kids opted to do Mr and Mrs Potato head.

The Songy Clan said...

wow, it seems like CO is the best of both worlds, America and Germany mixed together. I wish we were with you guys....Layla is so beautiful, just like her momma! And Ed...wow, that is such an awesome track to race on!

Unknown said...

Hey! OMG I just looked through all of your posts and updated myself on you guys :) I LOVE your house! I am so glad you all love it and are so happy! I can't believe how big Layla is, every time I look at a picture I am amazed, she is so cute! I will definitely check this page often! We will definitely be visiting at some point! I love you guys SO much!!!