Monday, November 1, 2010

My little gymnast

Within the last month or so, Layla has been talking non stop about gymnastics and cheer leading. Since we were in the process of moving I didn't want to start her one place and then move and have her start in a whole new place. Now that we're all settled in here Ed and I decided it was time to enroll her in gymnastics. This morning was her first class and she did so awesome! I swear, the kid is a natural at whatever she does. The teacher even told me after class that for her first time, she was especially good. Layla LOVED it and is so excited to go back next week.

She is usually pretty shy so when we first got there I was worried that she would hide behind my leg and not go to class. She did just the opposite though. She ran to her teacher and did everything she was told, I couldn't believe it. Now that she is 4.5 she is finally opening up and becoming Ms. Independent, which is a nice change. The gymnastics class was an hour long and they had to warm up first. Part of warm ups was doing a bridge, which Layla had never done before, but the teacher guided her at first and TA DA! She did a bridge and held it forever! Now she is doing them all around the house and even trying to teach Daddy how to do one. After that it was trampoline time. They did tuck jumps and toe touches and then were hooked up to bungee cords to do flips and jump even higher. Once again, I was worried she would be scared and not want to do it but she was so excited and loved every minute of it. I went to where her trampoline was and asked her if she was having fun, her reply was "Oh God, yes!" LOL

After the trampolines it was floor exercises and the obstacle course (which the balance beam and bars were on too) and Layla just did so good. I am so proud of her. Ed and I kept tell her after class how good she did and finally she told us "ok, guys, you can stop saying that now!" We were just so proud and so excited, we couldn't help but make a big deal out of it. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, I didn't want to bug or get her embarrassed but here are a couple. We'll be going back next Monday (and every Monday after that) for as long as Layla wants to go. The teacher also told us that as soon as her skill level increases, she'll let us know when she is ready to go twice a week. So exciting!!!!

1 comment:

Corinne Martch said...

Hey, if you think she would like to have an autographed picture of an elite junior gymnast, let me know :)

Corinne