Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

Today was family outing day and we decided to try out the zoo. Going to a new zoo, you never know if it'll be a good one or not so we had other plans in case the zoo didn't work out. As soon as we got there, we instantly loved it! The first exhibit when you walk in is the giraffes and I know what you're thinking, wow, giraffes, joy, BUT you could feed them and pet them! It was so awesome! I've never been to a zoo where you could do that (minus the washing of our beloved Ramir the Rhino but we paid big money for that where as the giraffe stuff we were able to do for free). The giraffes were so friendly and as soon as they saw you had a cracker in your hand, they stuck out their long, black tongues as far as they could and wrapped it around the cracker. It was seriously one of the coolest things ever, Ed and I were more excited about it then Layla (although she loved it too but just not quite as much as us). We had fun looking at all the other exhibits too, although none were as exciting as the giraffes. The bird enclosure was probably our second favorite exhibit, because you could feed the birds (do you see a pattern here? We like feeding things!). For $1 you got a popsicle stick with bird food on the end of it. You hold out the stick and the birds come flocking to you. One landed on Ed's shoulder, as usual, while Layla and I got some landing on our sticks. It was so much fun and kind of hectic, but in a good way just because there were so many dang birds every where. Layla and I went on the carasol. Then Ed decided that all of us would go on the Sky Ride. Never again. I'm not scared of heights but being on a dang ski lift with Layla trying to look over it freaked me out way too much. Plus while we were up there the wind decided to start blowing which I wasn't too crazy about. It was fun but I'm not doing it again, no thanks. We had a really good day though, so happy we decided to check out the zoo. Next time we go I'm just going to buy season passes since the zoo is literally only 5 minutes away. Layla and I will be going there a lot when Ed's at work, I'm sure. Fun, fun, fun!

No comments: