Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's graduation time!

I cannot believe that my BABY girl has graduated preschool and next year she'll be off to kindergarten prep. I seriously don't know where the last 4 years have gone, I cannot believe what a little lady Layla is growing into. I was an emotional mess all day today knowing that she was done with preschool and tomorrow is her last day of school at the Learning Tree, we're going to miss it so much. I couldn't have asked for a better school for Layla to go to, she has learned so, so much this past year. Her graduation was the perfect end to such a great year (and it wasn't 110 degrees outside for it either, so double yay). It started at 7pm but Layla had to be there at 6:30 to sit with her class and get ready. As soon as she got there she went wild, she wanted lots of pictures with her friends and with her teacher. They'll be good memories for her to look back on. While the classes were getting ready, I headed on out to the front lawn where the graduation was being held and reserved a row for Ed's parents and my parents (Layla has such awesome grandparents that support her in everything she does, she is one lucky little girl). As soon as I saw the way the field was set up, tears started coming. I think it was a mixture of my baby girl not being a baby anymore and the fact that Ed wasn't there to be with us (we're on month 16 of missing Daddy, it's getting harder and harder). When 7pm arrived the kids all got in a line and walked out, one by one, to music. So, not only did looking at the field make me cry but this put me over the edge. Layla did such a good job (she is pretty shy around people so I didn't know how she would do) and looked so beautiful, I was one proud mama. At the end of the aisle was her principle, Mr. Robert, shaking each kid's hand. They made their way to their seats where they waited until it was time for them to sing their song and go up on stage to get their certificate. Layla and her best school friend, Charlotte, kept getting in trouble for talking (surprise, surprise) and dancing and being silly. It made me laugh and even though she was getting in trouble, it made me happy to see that she has made such a good friend. After the kids performed their graduation song, it was time to be called up to accept their certificate. One at a time the kids would walk up on stage, get their certificate, shake Mr. Robert's hand, pose for a picture, and walk back to their seat. Doesn't it remind you of high school graduation? LOL And that was that! The graduation lasted about an hour and at the very end all the kids were given a flower to give to their parents to say thank you. Then it was time for cake, juice, and taking some more pictures. It was such a neat experience. Not only did I really enjoy it but so did Layla. She's really going to miss that school and all the friends she made there. Here's to hoping we'll find a great school for her in Colorado!

1 comment:

The Songy Clan said...

oh wow, that looks so special. I can't believe its been 16 mos without Ed. I'm sorry girl. Looking forward to the day when you guys are all together again. love ya and miss ya