Saturday, June 12, 2010

Garden Update

Layla and I have had so much fun with our first garden and we've been getting awesome results! I am looking forward to (hopefully) planting another garden when we move to Colorado. Fresh veggies are the best! Since it is already getting so hot here, having to water our plants twice a day really gives me something to look forward to. I feel like I've turned into one of those crazy people that talk to their plants just to get them to grow, but seriously, I just love them.

We haven't had to buy tomatoes for months. Even though our peppers are small, they have so much flavor and grow so fast. We actually have more than we can eat. After about 3 months of having our strawberry plants, they are finally starting to produce. I don't know what took them so long but I am so excited to finally see some strawberries! I think I am most proud of my sunflower. I got a sunflower seed for Layla for like $1 when we bought all of our other plants so she could grow it inside and watch it's progress. 3 months later and it is a beautiful, healthy, growing taller every day sunflower. I cannot wait for it to bloom, it's going to be gorgeous! I actually just planted another two because I am so happy with the way this one has turned out.

As far as our other new additions (pumpkin, cucumbers, zucchini, and watermelons) they are doing wonderfully too. They've about doubled (if not tripled) in size since we first planted them. We'll be seeing results very soon as we have tons of blossoms on them all. Who knew that gardening could be so fun?

2 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

it's looking great!!

The Songy Clan said...

yep, I'm one of those crazy plant freaks too, ha ha. Garden looks fantastic!!