Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, Chloe

Today my niece Chloe turned 6 years old and we had a mini party at the house for her. I know I say this over and over again but I really cannot believe how fast the time goes when you have kids you're watching grow up. I can remember the day that Chloe was born. I was waiting in the hospital all morning to see her but she took too long to make her appearance and I had to leave and go to work (I was working at Windsor at the time). As soon as I got in my car and headed toward work, I got the phone call that she was born and to hurry up and come back to see her. I was the first one (other than her Mommy and Daddy) that got to see her, it made me feel so special and I was so excited that I was going to have a little niece to spoil rotten. Now, 6 years later and I still do my best to spoil that little girl.

This morning we started off with swimming. Chloe and Layla have been doing so, so good with their swimming that we want them to get as much practice as possible so they don't forget what they're doing. The water was a little chilly this morning thanks to the wind that decided to show up last night but the kids didn't seem to mind. They jumped right in and swam all morning. My mom got Chloe her favorite food, McDonald's, for lunch and after that it was time to open presents. She definitely got spoiled and got lots of nice stuff. I think her favorite present was her Twinkle Toes though! Last but not least, cake time. I made her a simple chocolate cake (her favorite) this morning and Layla, of course, added the sprinkles to it. It was really yummy, I love me some chocolate cake! :) Happy 6th birthday, Chloe!

No comments: