Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snakes, sushi, and squid, oh my!

I guess I could have added sugar cookies to the title too, but it sounds better without them. Today we continued our lesson on the letter S. First up we made snakes out of nylon and newspaper balls. I actually think that crumpling up old newspaper was more fun to Layla than anything else we did today. She liked the noise, the ripping, shoving it in nylons, and most of all, it turning her hands black. Silly girl. After our snakes were all full, I tied a knot at the end of them and Layla started painting away while I added eye balls. They turned out pretty cute.

Up next we made sugar cookies. I'm not going to lie, had we have had some chocolate chips in this house I would have much rather made those. But, we were out and sugar cookies do start with the letter S so it worked. Layla likes making them but LOVES eating the dough, so she wasn't a huge help, she didn't want to be disturbed while she ate everything I added.

And last but not least, LUNCH TIME! This was actually my favorite part because I was anxious to see how she liked squid and sushi. Okay, okay, they weren't real squid and sushi. The sushi was just a PB&J sandwich made a bit differently and the squid was just hot dogs and spaghetti noodles but they were cute and fun.

And I can't forget the concert breaks every 5 minutes that Layla would put on for me. She is such a little rock star.

2 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

SOOO cute! I just saw those hotdog squids yesterday on another site. Love it! We are making choco chip cookies tonight! :)

Nicholle said...

you are a great mommy, That looks like so much fun :)