Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pig race!

Layla's preschool is a private school that goes from preschool-5th grade. Earlier this year they had a fundraiser where we had to sell cookie dough and based on the number of cookies you sold, you got certain prizes. Layla and I went to all our friends and family and sold as many as we could. A couple of months later after fundraising was complete, we got a newsletter that told the top sellers in the school and guess who was one of the top sellers? Layla! I was so surprised to see her name in there, I mean, she did sell a lot but I thought for sure some of the bigger kids would have sold more. Because she was one of the top sellers she got to participate in the battery operated pig race (if you came in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd you won money) and today was the day! There were 10 pigs sitting on the counter when we walked into school today and she, of course, picked the purple one to race. She didn't win but had so much fun racing it and she keeps saying she won because she was the only kid in her class to have gotten a pig. She has been playing with it non stop since we got home tonight (it oinks loud and is giving me a headache. Thanks Learning Tree!).

3 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

that's too cute!! Way to go, Layla!!

Nicholle said...

I didn't even know you still wrote on here. Glad you are back :) I will have to follow you and keep myself update. Miss you girls! Are you going to Brandon's party this weekend?

Nicholle said...

I guess I do follow you.. I don't know why your posts are coming up. lol