Friday, October 24, 2008

Silky has so many uses...

As you all know by now, Silky is Layla's lovie/blanket that has to go every where with us. If we step foot out of the house without it, she freaks out and we can't stop her crying until Silky is safely in her hands. Silky's most recent use is hiding Layla. Our neighbors on the first floor have a witch hanging up on their door that Layla is scared of and she hasn't walked down the stairs by herself since it's been up. Now whenever we leave the house I have to hold her (30 lbs. of Chunk!) and she takes Silky and puts it over her eyes so she doesn't have to see the witch. Well the other day I took the trash out and she always follows me down the stairs. This time, however, I left her up stairs with Ed and said I would be right back. As I am walking to throw the trash away I turn around and look at the window where you can see the stairs. Layla is holding on to the rail for dear life with one hand and with the other hand she is holding silky over her eyes. She was taking about 1 step per minute, she just couldn't do it. It made me laugh so hard! I threw out the trash and then walked back and thought about how long it was taking her to get out here. When I walked up the steps to our door, I see a little chunky girl sitting at the foot of our stairs. She didn't make it past the witch after all.

No comments: