Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin carving!

After dinner tonight we decided to carve one of our three pumpkins. We had so much fun! We had Layla pick out which pumpkin she wanted to carve first and then her and I made Ed do everything else. She had fun looking inside and touching the seeds. The whole time Ed was carving she kept being a "monster" and scaring Ed, she thought it was so funny. After Ed was done cleaning the pumpkin, I put the seeds in the oven to eat as a snack and Layla picked out the face she wanted on the pumpkin. We found a pumpkin carving website and she found the "silly face" and wanted that one. So after Ed took forever to draw it (which I had to step in and help with an eye) he got to cutting. I got the seeds out of the oven and Layla loved them, she ate almost the entire bowl herself. Just as Layla finished her seeds, Ed finished our pumpkin. I told Layla to take a picture with the pumpkin and she put her arm around it and said "cheese!" Then we put a candle in it and put it on our balcony! After that it was Layla's bedtime and she told us "We'll do it again tomorrow, ok?" We have two more to do so she got lucky! However, when I told her the pumpkin wasn't allowed to go night night with her she got a bit upset with me.

2 comments:

The Songy Clan said...

that is the cutest face, we might steal it! I love the shot of Layla on her belly on top of the table watching Ed!

Anna said...

Lovely pics! Layla's a doll - looks like she had loads of fun :D