Saturday, May 14, 2011

My new hobby

COUPONING!

I have been watching Extreme Couponing on TLC lately and a thought occurred to me. If they can do it, so can I! It was a total inspiration seeing what they get for free or next to nothing. It's quite amazing really. Two weeks ago after watching that show, I got on the computer and started couponing. You should see my stock pile now! I am not going to go over board like some of those people but if I can save 90% on my grocery bill for things I am going to use anyway then why the heck not? It's been a lot of fun and a nice, cheap hobby. Ed thinks that when he comes home from deployment I am going to have a room filled with random stuff. He may be right. But I'll have a blast finding it all for free! And it'll keep me busy during those nights when Layla is asleep and Ed is away. Every few weeks I am going to make a post on what I got and for how much, just so I can keep up with what I'm buying.

Here is what I have bought over the past couple of weeks. Thank goodness my lunch break is an hour, I do it all then so I don't ruin any of my family time with my two loves.

6 boxes of Zantac for only $1.26! 4 packs of 4 roll Scott Naturals, 3 packs of 3 bar Ivory soap, 4 Powerade Zeros, 1 Tylenol Precise, 2 tubes Colgate toothpaste, 2 bottles Pinesol, 3 packs Mr. Clean magic erasers, 2 Bic Soleil 4 pack razors, and 3 Noxzema 4 pack razors. My grand total today was a whopping $14.43 before tax! 18 rolls of Scotch Magic tape for FREE! 6 bottles Clorox spray and 8 Butterfinger Snackerz for a total of .37 plus .97 sales tax makes my grand total $1.34 for everything! 1 25 pack taquitos, 7 packs Halls cough drops, 2 boxes brownie mix, 1 bottle Dawn Plus, 2 packs Dole fruit crisp, 6 bags Chex Mix, 3 bottles Sunny D, 3 bottles Nivea lotion, 3 bottles relish, 1 Dora toothpaste, 4 bags Boulder chips, and... I think that's it. Paid $16.15 before taxes and saved 88%.4 bottles Clorox, 1 box of Cheez Its, 2 Nivea lip balms, and 16 packs of Wrigley's 5 gum for a total of $6.50!Everything rang up at $43.12 and after coupons I only paid $4.04! Just a quick trip! $2.80 for everything before tax.

2 comments:

Shanmomto4 said...

That is totally awesome. I love that show. I need to give it a try!

Corinne Martch said...

WTG I would love to be able to do that!