Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Graduation

I cannot believe I have a kindergartner! Well, not until the fall but still, she isn't in Pre K anymore! Layla will be going to a real elementary school and she got into James Madison Charter Academy which is what I've been hoping for all along. I am so excited for her to start, I know she is going to do just awesome! For Layla's graduation we let her pick where she wanted to go for dinner and of course she chose Applebee's, never would have guessed that one! After dinner it was off to the theater for the ceremony. We all waited outside the building and Layla got to play with all of her friends, especially McKayla which is her BFF at school. They are so cute playing together, I love watching Layla with her friends. When the doors to the theater opened the parents went to get seats while the kids changed into their cap and gowns. I'm not going to lie, I think the cap and gowns are a little over board for Pre K but it was adorable anyway. They walked out to music and went to their seats on stage. They sang the cutest songs and danced the cutest dances. They even walked across the stage and got a little diploma from their teacher. It was adorable! After the ceremony it was picture taking time and snacks! Layla was super excited to get a cupcake and take pictures with her teachers. She just loves her school and especially Mrs. Helga (Mrs. Helgie as Layla calls her). On the way home we noticed a little fair and it was the perfect time to check it out. Daddy and Layla went on some rides and played some games. I am so thankful Ed was able to be here for such a special day for Layla. He'll be missing all the kindergarten graduation festivities next year so this was nice he was able to be here for her this year. I love my big girl, I cannot believe how old, smart, and beautiful she's getting. Ed and I are so lucky to have such a perfect little princess!

No comments: