Sunday, December 12, 2010

No more glasses for Ed!

That's right, no more glasses for Ed. He had his eye surgery on Thursday and everything is going great! I was a nervous wreck sitting at the hospital, waiting for him to come out of surgery. The surgery itself only takes about 7 minutes but there were about 10 other guys that were having the same thing done as Ed and of course Ed had to be last on the list. I kept seeing the other guys coming out, wearing their sunglasses, and leaving. I was terrified that something had gone wrong, because I am a worry wart like that. 2 hours later, Ed came out with a big smile on his face. So typical of him! Layla and I gave him a big hug and then I started asking a million questions. Did it hurt? Can you see? Did you pass out? Was it scary? Explain!!! LOL

He said it didn't hurt at all and everything was very quick and went super smooth. He felt a little pressure but no pain, it was just kind of awkward. His right eye needed 14 seconds with the laser and his left only needed 9 seconds. As soon as he came out of surgery we came home and I put him to bed where he slept 4 hours, woke up for 2 to eat dinner and hang out, and then had a 12 hour night sleep. It did him SO much good sleeping like that. The next day he had a doctor's appointment to make sure he was doing ok and sure enough, since he rested so much the first day the doctor was impressed at how well he was doing. Today is Sunday and he still hasn't had much pain. He describes it like when you go swimming in the pool for a week and have an eyelash in your eye. Mix those two together and that's what he feels. He has 4 different eye drops he has to put in his eyes about every half an hour so his poor little eyes are all crusty. I have to keep helping him get rid of all the sleepy sand.

So things are going good here with no more glasses! I am making Ed sleep as much as possible, I think he's getting irritated with me but I'm only trying to help, I'm not trying to get rid of him, promise. One day he'll be able to see crystal clear and the next he'll have blurry eyes. He tried on his perscription glasses last night and he said he couldn't see at all with them on! That's a good sign, that means his eyes are getting better. Yay! We have lots of Christmas parties and the ball coming up this week so let's hope his eyes are feeling better by then!

P.S. Here is the picture Ed sent to his mom. He calls her about 3 times a day teasing her that he is blind and telling her I am taking him to the hospital. That's Ed for ya, always joking around.

No comments: