Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Today's the day, it's Christmas!!! I think I get even more excited than Layla, I just love Christmas so much, it's definitely my favorite holiday. Before bed last night Ed and Layla got cookies and milk ready for Santa and Ed even helped her write a note to him. He wrote while Layla talked: "Dear Santa, hope you like my Christmas tree. Hope you smell the cookies. Thank you for my gifts. Hope you like your milk. Hope you like Christmas. Hope you like our elf Steve. Hope you like the name with two s's. And hope you like our house. Hope you miss me for Christmas time and I love you. Love, Layla." December 2010 It took Santa quite awhile to unload all his presents for Layla. She must have been a VERY god girl this year!
December 2010
We even got a rare glimpse of Santa Clause, he was stealing from our pantry while dropping off Layla's presents!
December 2010
Last year I had sent Ed a recordable book, The Night Before Christmas, had him read it and then send it back to Layla so he could read to her on Christmas Eve. Last night before bed she picked it out to read. It was so nice to have all 3 of us in bed listening to it this year. We tucked Layla into bed and then went down stairs to watch a movie. I went to check on Layla a bit later and I found her standing up at the foot of her bed. When I asked her what she was doing, she was so sweet. "I heard Santa's sleigh bells on the roof! He's here!" I couldn't help but laugh, it was adorable. She had been waiting up, listening for bells so she could run to the window and look outside.

I don't think I got much sleep last night, I was so excited for Layla to come into our room and wake us up. She slept until her usual time, around 7:15am and she came in and said "Mom, it's Christmas, Santa was here!" So we all ran down stairs and Layla started ripping through her presents. It took her about an hour and a half to open them all!
December 2010December 2010December 2010December 2010
I think Layla's favorite present was her Go Go Dog, she was so excited to see that Santa had brought it.
December 2010December 2010
The aftermath! Tons of wrapping paper, tons of toys... where do we begin?
December 2010December 2010
Layla played the entire day with all her new toys. They were scattered every where on the living room floor. Tons and tons of little pieces being stepped on all day, but it was all worth it, she was so happy!
December 2010
We had a great day! Thank you Santa, Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Glen, Great Grandma, Nina Jeannette, Grandma and Grandpa, Achee family, Auntie, Lori, Patty, Uncle Johnny, and Uncle Bobby for making our day extra special with presents for Layla.

No comments: