Saturday, December 4, 2010

Festival of Lights

So fun, so beautiful, and so flippin' COLD! Tonight was the Festival of Lights parade in Colorado Springs and of course we had to go to it. I seriously think I get even more excited about these things then Layla does. Poor Ed has to put up with both of us, always wanting to go to these activities and making him come with us. Good thing I have a great husband who pretends to love these things as much as we do. We met our friends Margaux and Bryan (and their kiddos) at the parade and Layla had a great time running around with the kids, getting in every one's way. She loves them! So glad we're able to get together so much. Like I said, it was cold, very cold. It could have been colder, don't get me wrong. I shouldn't be complaining about 25 degrees BUT when you have two jackets and 3 blankets on and you're still freezing, that means it's way too cold to be outside. Ed guessed that I would freeze, this happens all the time, so he went and bought us hot chocolate to warm us up even more and it did help for a bit. And Ed just CANNOT resist souvenirs, even way over priced glow necklaces for the kids to wear. He's such a good Daddy! The parade was actually pretty long and really good. Layla's favorite part was Santa at the very end, of course. She was so excited to see him! Ed and I liked the float with Olympic Team USA on it, they all ran up to the kids and gave them high 5's. It was really neat. As soon as the parade was over, we booked it to the car while carrying our many blankets and chairs. It was a mad house getting out of there but as soon as we got inside our car and turned up the heat, I was fine. Poor Layla was complaining her toes were so cold they hurt. Poor thing, she ripped off her shoes as soon as she got in the car and put all her blankets on them. We had a great night, so glad we were able to spend it with the Achee family too!

1 comment:

The Songy Clan said...

wow...all your posts make me want to go there so bad! I am so happy to see you all enjoying yourselves and with great new friends to hang out with! miss you girlie...xoxo