Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's the Birthday Girl!!!

I know, I know I say this every year when Layla has another birthday but seriously, I just cannot believe she is 5 years old! Where has the time gone? It's amazing how much smarter and more beautiful Layla has gotten in just a year. She is 5 going on 14 with that attitude of hers but she is such a sweetie too. Only child syndrome at it's best! This past year she has had so, so many changes with Daddy coming and going, us moving to Colorado, starting a new school, me going back to work, etc. but it has molded her into this perfect little princess that she is. So proud of her and everything she has accomplished this past year. 4 years was so much fun but I am totally looking forward to 5 and all the things it has to offer, including kindergarten.

This morning Ed and I woke up super early and blew up a whole bunch of balloons to put in Layla's room while she was sleeping. I wanted her to wake up and be surprised and excited, knowing that it was her birthday. It worked out wonderfully! She was so surprised and had such a big smile on her face. Being tired all day was totally worth it. I took her to school that day with her 22 goodie bags in hand for her class mates. They aren't allowed to bring cupcakes to school these days (such a bummer) so goodie bags it was! Then around lunch time Daddy came and picked her up. They came to my work, picked me up, and we all had lunch together at McDonald's, requested by Layla of course. After they dropped me back off at work, Ed and Layla went to the mall. Build A Bear, Macy's and Claire's were the stops they made and came home with lots of fun new stuff. Spoiled rotten birthday girl! She wanted steak for dinner so that's what she got and then it was time to open presents and eat some birthday cake (or a cake made out of cupcakes). She has been wanting an iPod so bad so Ed and I broke down and got her a 32G iPod complete with a Hello Kitty screen protector and pink skin. She LOVES it. This weekend we're headed to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate her birthday some more. Out of every where we listed to go, she chose Chuck E. Cheese. Can't say no to the birthday girl! We had a great day celebrating, it's amazing to think back 5 years ago and remember what we were doing. Seems like such a long time ago. Happy birthday little Princess, cannot believe you're 5 years old today!

1 comment:

Margaux Achee said...

Looks like she had the perfect day on her birthday! Thank you so much for including us in more birthday fun this past weekend. we just love you guys!