Sunday, March 20, 2011

Disney on Ice: Princess Classics

I have been wanting to take Layla to Disney on Ice since she was a baby. Unfortunately, it wasn't available in the middle of no where in Germany where we lived and in California it was at least a 1.5-2 hour drive to the nearest show. It just never worked out for us to be able to go... until now! Here in Colorado Springs we have the World Arena (which is only a 15 minute drive from our house!) which is the premier sports and entertainment venue in the Pikes Peak region. As soon as I heard that Disney on Ice was going to be here, I was ecstatic! Then I heard it was Disney on Ice Princess Classics and I was even MORE excited, how perfect for my little Princess! I couldn't wait to take Layla! Tickets went on pre sale about a month ago and I ordered ours the minute we were able to. Three VIP tickets were printed and waiting for us for over a month before we were actually able to go but today was THE day! Let me just say, Disney didn't disappoint, it was amazing and I already want to see another one! I ordered Layla a custom Ariel (her favorite Princess) outfit to wear and she looked gorgeous, as always. She's such a little diva and can pull off anything. She was so excited to see Ariel in person!We got to the World Arena about 45 minutes early so we could find our seats, grab some food, and buy Layla a souvenir or two. I think we bought one of everything! It was part of the experience though, as least that's what I am using as my excuse. Our VIP tickets were well worth the money. We were on the floor, 3rd row from the front of the ice rink. I couldn't stop telling Ed what great seats we had! The show was about 2 hours long. The first hour was a mixture of all the Princesses and their music. Belle, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Mulan, Jasmine... and the second hour was just Cinderella. The fairy Godmother even flew above our heads, it was magical. To deal with all the Princess madness of the day, Ed needed a couple of beers. Hey, whatever works!We had such a great time! I am so happy we were able to enjoy this together as a family, just the three of us. Couldn't have had a better time!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Great pics. We were in town for Spring Break visiting the hubs since he is there training some soldiers and we went on Saturday. We loved it as well.

The Songy Clan said...

awww we took the kids at Bragg when they were little and were on the ice too. It was so awesome, they were coming up between us and so forth, worth every penny for the memories!!! That is so exciting!!

Corinne Martch said...

I love the dress!!! We took the girls to see Princess Wishes a couple months ago and they absolutely loved it <3