Friday, January 21, 2011

A week with Grandma

As soon as we found out that Ed would be gone for a couple of months my Mom and I went into planning for her to come visit and keep us company for a week. She decided to come right in the middle of Ed being gone so it would break up our time without him. We had such an amazing time. I just dropped her off at the airport an hour ago and I am already missing her. It's so nice to have her here but when it's time for her to leave, it's just awful and so hard to say goodbye. Layla got spoiled the entire week she was here, Grandma just can't say no to anything that little girl wants/does. We had a blast going out, showing Grandma around town, and even just hanging out at home, talking and playing. We got to go out to dinner, went to the movies and saw Gulliver's Travels, went shopping, went to gymnastics, played lots of board games, and wore matching PJ's the entire time she was here! We had a blast with Photo Booth... we could not stop laughing. We were seriously on the ground, cracking up! Just looking at the pictures makes me laugh all over again. Layla and I loved Garden of the Gods so much the first time we went that we just had to take Grandma and show her how gorgeous it is. It was even more beautiful this time around as there was still some snow on the ground. We hiked around and climbed some rocks and just had a great time! We even went to the zoo when it was only 35 degrees outside! My Mom isn't used to the cold weather, in California it is in the 80's and 90's right now but she loved it. Layla showed Grandma how to feed the giraffes and birds which was the best part, as usual. Our favorite animal this time around was the Meerkats, they were so funny. There was one little stretch of sunlight in their enclosure and all of them were standing on their hind legs trying to get the most of it. All of us were dying laughing, they looked so funny! Layla made Grandma go bowling too! My Mom hasn't gone bowling since I was Layla's age and we had to force her to go with us and actually bowl! But she did! The first time I won, by a lot but the second time she made a come back and I completely sucked and she won. Even though she really wasn't interested at first, we had a great time! And to top off our great week together, my Mom was totally my lucky charm. Guess who has a job (well, pending my background check which will come back fine)? ME! I am going to be doing all the admin/reception work for a big insurance company's call center. I am so excited to start! We even went and signed Layla up for school so my Mom got to see where she'll be during the week. I wish I could go on and on about our week together, it was truly amazing and I'm so glad Layla and I got that time to spend with Grandma. We are so close and it hurts so much when she has to leave but it's totally worth it for the amazing time we get together. I love you so much, Mom, thank you for EVERYTHING!!!

1 comment:

Margaux Achee said...

Looks like you had a great week! Love how close you, your mom, and Layla are. I am also so excited for you and your new job...I told you the perfect job would come along at the perfect time.:)