Friday, January 28, 2011

Thank goodness it's Friday!

This week went by so slow. Layla started preK on Monday and, well, let's just say she hasn't made it easy on me. She has made it very clear that she does not like school and that she wants to stay home with me because she misses me when she's at school. Could she break my heart anymore? She has a very hard time when I drop her off in the morning but after a few minutes her teacher says she is fine. When I go pick her up later in the day she is always playing with the other kids and has a big smile on her face so I know she has fun while she's there. I guess it's just drop off that's a problem. Even when I go to wake her up in the morning and tell her it's time to get ready for school, the first thing she does is start crying and tells me no. I know she'll get used to it and start liking it more and more every week but for right now it's hard for the both of us. The best part of my day this whole week has been going to pick her up in the afternoon. She is always so happy to see me and she talks and talks about her day, what they did, what she ate, etc. I just love that she's growing up into this little lady!

I still haven't gotten a very good school picture of her since she cries everyday so this is as good as it gets, for now. This is my precious Layla on her first day of preK!

No comments: