Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rosette hair clips

I'm addicted to Etsy. Seriously. I love it. They have the cutest handmade clothes and accessories, I could spend hundreds of dollars on there. Lately I've been noticing these cute fabric rosette hair clips that look kind of vintage. Layla has worn big, huge hair bows and headbands since the day she was born and to be honest with you, I'm getting tired of that look. I know it's "the" thing for little girls to wear but now that Layla is getting older I want something different. I'm just over the trendiness of huge flowers and bows. So after looking at these adorable rosettes I decided that I was going to make some. They didn't look too hard to make and if I could make them myself I could do whatever colors I wanted so they would match Layla's wardrobe. Layla and I woke up this morning and headed to JoAnn's to get all the fabric and embellishments that I would need to make them.

Layla had a great time helping me pick everything out and getting the colors she wanted. After gathering up fabric, craft glue, rhinestones, pearls, clips, and feathers it was time to go home and get crafty! I made a hand full of them today and I am so pleased with how they turned out. They're adorable and so easy to make! Layla was so excited with every one that she helped make/decorate, she wouldn't take them out of her hair all day. I'm excited to try even more fabrics and different designs with the clips but for now I'm happy with the ones I made.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Love them! How did you figure out how to make them? I am rally loving the hair band one. Good job mom and Layla!!

The Songy Clan said...

super great job! I love the little strings and pearls, they look very vintage! nice!

Margaux Achee said...

You have to teach me how to make these. Maybe one night when the guys are gone/busy we can buy a box of wine & cupcakes and get crafty, oh and then dance;)