Friday, November 12, 2010

My poor husband

Today Ed had a final eye appointment to make sure he is able to get eye surgery on December 9th. Ed is getting Refractive eye surgery and is so excited to think that he won't have to wear glasses again. Actually, he said that the first thing he is going to do after he gets his surgery, is go into a gas station and buy a random pair of sunglasses, knowing he won't have to have a prescription put into them. We had to be at the hospital bright and early this morning for the doctor to dialate Ed's eyes and make sure he is ready to go next month. Ed thought his appointment was at 7am which meant we had to be there by 6:45am which meant we all woke up around 6:15am. However, my confused little husband was wrong and his appointment wasn't actually until 8am so we headed on over to Burger King for some breakfast and coffee before we took him back to the hospital. The doctor told us Ed's appointment would take 3 or so hours so Layla and I basically just dropped him off and came back home until he called to be picked up.

The doctor lied, the appointment only took an hour and just as I got on the phone for an interview at a college, Ed starts calling me, over, and over, and over again. Needless to say, my interview didn't go very good thanks to a blind husband of mine who couldn't read his text letting him know I was having an interview. When Layla and I went to go pick him up, he was wondering around outside, in the snow, with some very cute eye wear. As soon as he got in the car, I knew I should have left him there. When he is sick or has anything happen to him, he 100% relies on me to take care of him which requires him to whine about everything. I felt like I had two children all day today! LOL

No comments: