Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our fishing/beach trip

Yesterday we drove up with Ed's family to Lake Cuyamaca in Julian to go fishing in remembrance of Ed's brother Richard. Richard loved fishing and his last fishing trip was at Lake Cuyamaca. Ed's mom and I made a bouquet of flowers in the shape of a fish to leave there, it turned out really cute. Anyway, we got there around lunch time and after a few snacks, it was time to start fishing! This was Layla's first time fishing and Grandma even bought her a cute Princess fishing pole to use. The weather was beautiful and even though we didn't catch any fish, we had a great time. And who knew that Julian was only about 40 minutes away from San Diego? We didn't. So being the fun, spontaneous person that my husband is, he decided we would drive the extra 40 minutes, find a hotel, and enjoy one last trip at the beach. Now, let me just remind you, all we had on us (minus fishing gear) was the clothes on our back and if you know me, you know that I am an over packer and can't go on any overnighters without a week's worth of clothes, hair products, and makeup. Well, I would just have to make due with what I had. So we started the drive up to San Diego but before we got there we made one pit stop at Target for bathing suits (which we didn't even try on, we grabbed them and took off!) and towels. And while we were in the car I was making reservations for a hotel room (and an awesome one at that, details to come below). These are the best kinds of trips! We ended up in Coronado (my all time favorite beach) at around 5ish, changed into our bathing suits in the car, threw off our sandals, and ran to the water! We spent about 2 hours at the beach, walking up and down the shore, finding huge sand dollars and sea shells, and getting in the water. Let me just say once again, so.much.fun! Seriously, I think this trip might have ranked in my top 5 favorite trips I've been on. Love! After the beach we headed for dinner at Chili's (Mmmmm...) where we ate a huge dinner and then went back to our hotel room so we could sleep after a long day in the sun. We had the coolest room too, it not only had a king sized bed, but a set of bunk beds! Yes, this was the only room available so we took it and I'm so glad we did. Layla loved the top bunk and slept there all night (I was surprised). This morning we got up, ate breakfast, and headed out back home. We had such a great time and I am so glad we got to go to the beach one last time before we move to Colorado and the beach becomes a faint memory. Thank you to my awesome husband for the amazing time!

1 comment:

The Songy Clan said...

wow, that is an awesome trip! the best kind. I have to say my kids would flip over those seashells. Your pictures are getting really good. I love the one of L on the beach.....