Friday, August 27, 2010

Surprise!

That's right, Ed's home and not only did he come home a day early (the 16th), but he surprised us at his parent's house. Over the last few days before he arrived I had been getting this feeling that he was just going to show up without telling us and I was right! He dropped some hints without realizing it and he should know that I am a detective and knew something was up. For example, he didn't email me for over 24 hours the day before and he was just going to "wing it" at the airport and find a ticket when he got there. Good thing I decided to get Layla and I ready just in case he did show up. I got a call from Ed's mom around 2ish to come over and about an hour after we got there, his dad and him drove up. Layla and I ran to the door and gave him a huge hug (and a big punch in the stomach for making me stress and worry)! Layla is so happy to have her Daddy home and so am I. These last two weeks have been amazing, seriously, I can't even explain it. The movers came on the 19th and took away all of our stuff, we only have a few weeks worth of clothes and our hygiene products left at my parent's. Our stuff should arrive in Colorado any day and will be delivered to us on the 9th (plenty of time for us to paint and clean before we unload).

We celebrated Ed's birthday! He turned the BIG 26! I have been making fun of him since, telling him how old he's getting. Coloring Daddy's tattoos is always fun!We went to Build A Bear for the first time and had a BLAST! I didn't realize how fun it was, next time we're around one, we'll be going back for sure. Of course Layla had to pick out the pink teddy bear and put a Jonas Brother song inside of it (the dang thing goes off all hours of the night, not such a great idea). We got our toes done. We adopted TWO kitties! We're so excited. I am a total cat person, I cannot stand dogs and since I'll be the one taking care of them, cats it is. Layla is super happy with our choices. We don't actually pick them up until the day we leave but we've been visiting them on a regular basis and they seem to really love us too. Boots (grey and white) is about 5 months old and he is huge for his age. He is really, really playful which Layla loves. Butterscotch (blonde) is about 4 months old and she is such a sweetie. She just lays on us and purrs up a storm, I am the one in love with this cat! Ed's been enjoying himself and trying lots of different beers. He's so darn cute! And lastly, we've been RC'ing it TONS! And I mean TONS! We've been in Ontario, Palm Desert, and Valencia about half the time Ed's been home getting lots of RC time in. He's getting really good too! His first actual race he got 2nd place, it's only a matter of time before he gets 1st! So that's what we've been up too. We've been super busy but having a blast at the same time. We leave California on the 5th of September to head to our new home. We're driving straight through so wish us luck!

2 comments:

The Songy Clan said...

I'm so happy to see Ed and you guys reunited and Ed is safe and at home!! Loved the tattoos specially the armpit, ha ha. Man, I love you guys!!

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

YAY! So glad you're back together again! I'm so excited for y'alls next adventure! I was hoping you'd post soon. :) Y'all leave for CO on Ay's 3rd bday! :)