Saturday, June 4, 2011

A day in Denver

One last mini trip to Denver before Ed takes off for a year. We love exploring and taking full advantage of all the places the Army sends us which right now is Colorado. We've had fun ice skating at the 16th Street Mall in December and just last month had a great time at the Aquarium. Today's adventure brought us to Denver for some RC racing! This was Ed's last RC race to take place in before he leaves so we were there! We got up to Denver bright and early in the morning, a little too early, so we decided to explore some. We found lots of chu-chu trains and guys working on them. Layla loved watching them!After killing a few minutes it was time for Ed to do some practice laps and then time for the race to begin! This darn race lasted ALL day long! I always laugh because I swear up and down that I hate going to Ed's RC races but then when it's time for him to actually race I get so into it. Layla and I cheer and I get so mad when he messes up. I guess that's the competitiveness coming out in me, I want him to WIN every single time!During the middle of the race, when Ed wasn't on the track, Layla and I snuck away and headed to Hammond's Candy Factory which only ended up being about 5 minutes away from where Ed was racing. They have free tours going every 15 minutes and we were just in time to go on one. We had so much fun! It was like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! Tons of taffy and tons of candy canes. We got to see how candy canes were made (all by hand!) and how to stretch taffy to get it in the right shape. Plus we got TONS of free samples. We were definitely on a sugar high when we got back to Ed! Fun times in Denver once again! I love my little family and the adventures we go on!

No comments: